söndag 4 juli 2010

Breastfeeding a toddler

I am now breastfeeding a toddler. BB will be 16 months on the 10th of July.
I've written before about the statistics we in Sweden collect about all kinds of things, breastfeeding included. The breastfeeding statistics only go up to a year of age, stating that for children born in 2007, only 17,7% (1)were still getting breast milk at 1 year of age. There is no Swedish statistics beyond that age.

I would like if we collected statistics about how many children are breastfed at 18 months in Sweden. Or at 24 months.
Just yesterday I got a comment, although positive, when I gave BB my breast. "You've still got food? And how does it work out?" said in a pleasantly surprised voice. My answer was a "yes" and "very well" from my part.

  1. http://www.socialstyrelsen.se/Lists/Artikelkatalog/Attachments/17783/2009-10-115.pdf

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar